Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What I Did Today

1. Laundry: My cat peed all over my bed last night, something he's never done before. I don't really know why. And it wasn't just like a little pee, it was like a flood. I was sitting on my bed, reading my mail, and all of a sudden I felt a sprinkling, and then I looked around and it was wet everywhere. And he was wet too and shaking his paws and sprinkling cat pee all over the place. He seemed confused as well - like he wasn't sure what had happened. But anyways - I suddenly had a lot of laundry to do.

2. Ate Lunch: I had lunch with my friend Liz at Fred 62, a lovely hipster diner nearby in Los Feliz. I had a tuna melt and it was fantastic.

3. Drove to Malibu: I took the 101 to the 110 to the 10 to the PCH, like I do every day, four days a week, to go teach some young-uns afterschool photography. 2pm driving is a snap - no traffic, lovely uncrowded beaches, breezy coastline, 45 minutes tops.

4. Taught Young-uns: 1st to 5th graders. Some days they are cute and wonderful, some days they are spoiled and terrible. Today was half and half. I had one 8 year old tell me that she thought the women on America's Next Top Model were smart because they had great "fashion sense." This is a girl who puts her hand on her hip and pouts seductively every time she is in front of the camera.

5. Drove Back to Los Angeles: PCH to the 10 - easy peasy. 110 to the 101 (probably a 2 miles stretch) - half an hour.



6. Watched Obama Kick the Shit out of That Hobbit


7. Ate Some Amazing BBQ for my Friend's Birthday: It was the least I could do. Also rekindled my love of brownies with strawberries on them.


8. This:















(don't tell me you didn't notice the similarities from the get go.)

No comments: